Sunday, July 18, 2010

Replacing the Azur 540r's power cable with Belden's 83803

The aim of the project:
- Change the default cable
- Improved sound quality

Reference :
- DIY Belden 83803 Mains Power Cable
- DIY AC Power Cord
- Service Manual of Cambridge Audio Azur 540R V2.0


Parts :
- Belden 83803 . I bought from Take Audio Five
- Reference in-line SILVER mains cable plug . I bought from Audio Friendy shop
- VH Connector 3.96mm Crimp pin Copper-Tin. I bought from wonderco_buy79 (ebay seller in Taiwan)

Tools :
- Torx T6 Screw Driver
- Mini Needle Nose Plier
- Rotary Coax Coaxial Cable Cutter Tool RG58 RG6 Stripper
- Wire Cut Plier


Original cable from Store :



And I do like below :





Tools :






The result  :
- When I play Selena Jones in the song "I dont want to miss a thing" from her album Those Eyes, the voice sounded clear and powerful

No comments:

Post a Comment